Saturday, July 4, 2009

Why create this blog?

Lots of reasons. Firstly because I now have something to blog about and with 6 weeks of recovery ahead of me, lots time to update my blog.

I hope this blog appeals to other young mums out there. My children are 6 and 8 years old and they have been a major consideration when deciding wether to go ahead with the operation or not. Yes, I am living with low grade pain that affects my sport and is a general irritation but it does not affect them. The surgery and recovery will affect them. Major planning is needed before having your foot above the level of your heart for 2 weeks post op. 14 balanced meals have been cooked and frozen, friends have been e-mailed rosters of their taxi duties. Full time domestic help has been booked for 2 weeks. Bulk purchasing of milk, toilet paper and all the other daily need items.

I work for myself, so my small business has to shut doors for 6 weeks. Six weeks of no income.

All in all, I feel blessed because all of the above is possible for me. I have 2 wonderful kids who will help their mum, get themselves ready without drama, help their Dad to prepare the meals and feed the dogs. In South Africa we have affordable home help and Honji is only too pleased for the extra days work and pay. I have friends that are happy to help, people my kids know well and trust. Last but not least, I have a hubby that takes everything in his stride - only support and love there.

No comments:

Post a Comment